Monday, October 4, 2010

Together Everyone Achieves More

The sharing of artistic inspiration and ideas is an important aspect of the design process. Whether it’s working in a group environment at school or at an office, collaborating on a special project with a fellow artist, or just bouncing ideas off a friend or relative, sharing can be a very useful tool in creating. It’s only natural that as technology and the internet infiltrate every facet of our lives, so too will they influence our creative processes.

I myself spend hours “stumbling” with the help of the website stumbleupon.com which takes me to random websites based on my preset preferences, for example: crafting, design, gardening and architecture. This has led me to innumerable sites that have inspired me and taught me new skills. It has also helped me connect with other likeminded people that enjoy crafting and creating. ThreadBanger and Cut-out and Keep are two such communities that I am now a part of.
Another online community that I am especially excited about participating in is hitRECord. This site facilitates collaboration and gives artists an opportunity to earn money from their art by working with production companies. “…rather than just exhibiting and admiring each other's work as isolated individuals, we gather here to collectively work on projects together…” explains the website creator, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I encourage you all to visit this site and create something. I can’t wait to see what other people will do with my creations and what I can do with theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment